The Word N Sound Live Literature Market is a literature-lifestyle event where published authors are encouraged to interact with patrons and sell their titles directly to literary enthusiasts at affordable prices. Our live literature stage also offers authors an opportunity to engage with audiences by sharing their work and engaging in Q&A sessions to canvas for book sales.
For literary enthusiasts, the Word N Sound Live Literature Market is a community space and book market where they can buy the latest literature titles and interact with authors while watching live performances against a backdrop of music, food and summer drinks, a perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon.
The first Live Literature Market will take place on Sunday 7 October 2018 from 12 – 6pm at Outie Bakery and Café in Newtown, Johannesburg.
How it works;
- An interested author can register to have their titles/ books for sale at the Live Literature Market by filling out the registration form.
- R100 once off is payable by the author for each title that they register to have on sale at the market.
- The author will keep all the sales made from the registered title/publication. The Live Literature Market will not charge commission on sales, only the R100 registration fee.
- The Live Literature Market will manage the book stand and sales on behalf of the registered author and pay them the sales at the end of the event.
- There is no limit to the number of titles or copies per title that an author can sell at the market. The more titles and copies sold the better.
- The Live Literature Market will run a general marketing and PR campaign about the event and titles that will be on sale. Authors are also encouraged to share the marketing material and invite their own fans and audiences to the market to buy signed copies and interact.
All published authors are welcome to participate in the market whether self-published or signed to a publishing house. The aim of the market is create a space for authors to sell their titles outside of a bookshop thus offering buyers softer prices.
For more information please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org